Monday, December 7, 2009

The misunderstanding of our contradictive friend, nihilism.

So you probably think nihilism is nonchalance, sure, we don’t really care, most of the time in fact, to the point we force ourselves to care, well most of us.

We’re skeptics, we hate humanity, we’re anti-life.

We approach things with question, because to us, there is no bound of reality or realism, there are no absolutes and there is nothing.

We establish meaninglessness because there is a varied perspective to everything.

And our god is not the moustache bound German man by the name of Friedrich Nietzsche, we admire what we want, and Nietzsche shed a light on nihilism and existentialism that many cannot.

I myself admire Buddha and Bakunin.

And I hate people saying that nihilism is the definite “I don’t care”

Well, bad news, everyone does not fucking care, but that does not make everyone a fucking nihilist does it?

I express my disgust for religion and I am hated by it but that does not make me an anti theist does it?

Well, too bad, as a nihilist, I DO FUCKING CARE.

I care about post humanism, and I care about biomechanical development.

I care about my girlfriend and my family, I care about my dog, I care about my dead spider, I care about everything that I would want to care about.

So ok, wow, I’m not a nihilist anymore, well, perhaps I should cry and whimper and obfuscate my woes to the world and hate it for telling me what I am or am not.

Well, the thing about me wanting to post this up is that everyone is saying that nihilism is nonchalance, well maybe it is, maybe we don’t want to care because a lot of people are ignorant pricks who only care about the money that goes into your pocket, so you can buy all your symbols of vagrant status.

I don’t fucking care if you can buy an expensive car, or pretend to go to England when it’s actually Chijmes you’re at(this point is directed at someone who thought they had me fooled, gosh good one, really pulled my leg from the hip it did).

So I aggressively expand into an outburst of human emotion and lament my sorrows of how people treat nihilism as a sect for people who don’t give a fuck, well there is already a sect for people like that, it’s called being an idiot, or what have you.

But to me, there is no moral code, bylaws of which control the ebb and flow of the universe, no good, no evil, no ying, no yang, no balance. Balance is not akin to nature, balance is akin to vagary, but nature too depends on balance, and balance does not also affect vagary.

"There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing."- Christian Bale in American Psycho.

No comments: